“School taught me how to get good grades and pass tests, but not how to land my dream job. How do I do that?”
“How can I network without feeling sleazy? Why do all the networking events I go to suck?”
“I wish I knew what, exactly, to focus on so that I can get ahead in my career.”
“All the career advice I hear sucks. I wish somebody would cut the BS and just give it to me straight.”
I’ve directly helped hundreds of ambitious young professionals land their dream opportunities, I’ve taught thousands of students in seminars and online, and more than a million readers have read my content on careers and education.
Through all that, one Eternal Truth has become obvious to me:
Most of the career advice given to ambitious professionals sucks.
It’s given by people who haven’t had to find jobs since before the Great Recession, who aren’t on the ground helping real people find jobs today, and are repeating old, out-of-date lessons from before the Internet.
Instead of focusing on listening to the same hacks and gurus, you should focus on the skills that actually help you get ahead:
- Find your focus and stop spinning your wheels.
- Land mentors and teachers who can help you accelerate your success by years.
- Defeat burnout and get stuff done.
- Signal your skills and craft your own personal brand without feeling sleazy.
- Figure out how to build a network of people who actually WANT to help you.
- Figure out how to pitch yourself for new opportunities.
I know because I’ve learned these skills myself. And they’ve opened up innumerable doors for me.
I went from being some kid from Pennsylvania’s coal country to building 8-figure organizations, getting coffee with billionaires, and landing my own dream opportunities. I’ve given talks to thousands of people, written books, and met my heroes.
All because I focused on these skills.
I want you to imagine:
- Reaching out to ANYBODY and feeling excited about building a relationship without feeling weird or worrying about rejection. Even if you don’t have a network now.
- Never worrying about being “awkward” or not “socially intelligent” — whether that’s strangers at an event, an important mentor, or on the job. Imagine feeling like you can own any conversation and make anybody interested in talking with you more.
- Writing about an issue you care about and knowing how you want to communicate it and that others want to hear what you have to say. Imagine becoming prolific and getting people to listen.
- NEVER having to worry about “not having the right education” again. (Some of the least-educated people I know are the most successful and some of the most educated people I know struggle.)
My goal is for you to know that you can get ahead. You’ll never have to worry about getting stuck in a job you hate, feeling unqualified or inexperienced to take on a job, or that you don’t know “the right people.”
You can feel confident about landing new opportunities any time you need or want to.
I’ll show you how. Join me below. That’s the first place to get started. These are the same scripts I used to go from being a kid from rural Pennsylvania to meeting hundreds of CEOs and investors before I was 21. I’ll teach you the rest of what you need to know.
You’ll get content straight from me that I don’t share anywhere else.